Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I <3 Ikea (not to be confused with Huckabees)

I hopped in my trusty Kia today (or "trustier" these days, since Jon and Chuck fixed it up and I don't feel like it's going to explode) and drove to Denton for the second time this week to see Jon's sister, Ginger.* We were on a mission...to go to Ikea. This was my second time in the past week. So much Ikea. Almost too much to handle. Almost.

I was going specifically to get shelves to put above our two windows in the living room. I know it sounds weird--Jon thought so too--but I have full faith that it'll be awesome. Our books are overflowing, and all this potential space will keep my from feeling guilty about buying a boatload of books from the bargain table every time I got to Barnes and Noble (hardcover books for $6! A-mazing!).

$120 and a plate of Swedish meatballs later, I not only got two 70" shelves with "invisible" mounting brackets that slide inside the shelf, but also a hat rack/coat hangar that mounts on the wall, a few teal placemats, curtains, and a curtain rod, and I was set. It was more than I wanted to spend, but I feel good about the stuff I got. It'll make our place seem more homey, which is important to me, knowing that we're going to be here for another 14 months. I also got Ginger some cute finger puppets that she was hesitant to buy because she wasn't sure at what age they'd be appropriate for her baby. I decided that they were something she should have regardless, because they're just so dang cute.

Anyway, it's getting late. I will get some pictures up of the shelves and whatnot when we get them up. I also have a video of the dog that is pretty funny...may get that up soon too.

Later.





*When I was typing this, I accidentally typed "Gonger," which made me lawl.

2 comments:

Delaina Marie said...

I wish I could decorate our house I have so much space and ideas but can't, it's hard with roommates luckily our couches matched though. Isaah has put up every piece of sport memorabilia he has (and it's not even any good teams lol)we even have a basketball goal in one of the living rooms. Hope your decorating works out for ya!

keratosis pilaris said...

this is a great site full of great content